Friday, October 3, 2008

OK... So I finally get it!!!

OK-I finally get it. All of you with your weird obsession with the Twilight series.(That means you-Tyanya and Angela!). I figured that if I wanted to see the movie, I should really read the books. So, in June I borrowed Susan's copies and began to read. I liked the first one-it just took me a really long time to read it. About a month ago, I started the second one, and now I am about half-way through #3. They are pretty good, although I still have times that my "dispension-of-belief" mode doesn't kick in. Vampires and Werewolves are not really my style, but the writing is good, and the character's relationships are pretty real. I guess that with everything that is going on in the world today, I just need a good ol-fashioned escape from reality!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am definitely not as into the books as some I know are, but I think they are a good read, too. I probably will see the flick, but I'm so cheap it won't be until it's on dvd. I actually read 264 pages of "Midnight Sun" (Edward's side of "Twilight"). I read it on her website. I really enjoyed that and hope that some day she will publish that. I'm just getting ready to start "Breaking Dawn". Happy reading!