Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Contribution...


Thanks to that fabulous blog,"The Tortise and the Hare", I've been inspired to put out my St. Pat's day things a little earlier than usual. I've had the pot of gold for awhile. It's a terra cotta pot painted green and white. I put a piece of foam inside the pot to fill it up and then some gold foil to cover it up. I used a bag of Rollo's for the gold, but you could use anything that is wrapped in gold foil to get the same effect. The cute hurricanes came from the Dollar Tree, but I used my pewter candlesticks instead of the crystal ones I bought. The candles came from Germany, our sweet exchange student, Jenny always sends the greatest ones to me. Gold coins and wired garland finish this up. I had another tablecloth, but found this fabric at our local ALCO. They sell cut pieces of fabric-one yard for $3.99. I got two yards and sewed them together. I can use this cloth for alot of other things. Thanks Michelle and Brianne!!!!

1 comment:

Janis said...

I love the pewter candlesticks with the glass ... so classy looking!!